- CDW: (Basic Insurance)
- TPL (Third Party Liability Insurance)
- SLP (Supplemental Liability Protection)
- FCI: (Full Cover Insurance), Supplemental Insurance with Zero Deductible
- Restrictions on Supplemental Insurance with Zero Deductible
- Credit Card Insurance
CDW (Basic Insurance):
Basic Mandatory Insurance, which covers collision, theft of the vehicle and roll over (C.D.W) cost $15 usd per day and has deductibles from USD$750.00 usd to USD$1,500.00
TPL (Third Party Liability Insurance):
This insurance is mandatory and has a cost of $15 daily and EXEMPTS the renter or additional driver authorized in the rental contract, having a collision and causing damages to other people's property. In case of damages to third parties, the Instituto Nacional de Seguros indicates that the deductible amount as stipulated in the clauses is calculated in 20 % of the total damages caused to other people's property.
SLP (Supplemental Liability Protection):
This insurance is mandatory and has a cost of $ 5 daily and will respond to third party accident claims that result from bodily injury, including death.
FCI: (Full Cover Insurance) Supplemental Insurance with Zero Deductible:
Supplemental Insurance with zero deductible.
This insurance has an additional cost from $20.00 per day depends of the vehicle type, besides the mandatory insurance.
This only applies to reservations made with a minimum rental period of seven days or longer and a minimum age of 25.
Restrictions on Supplemental Insurance with Zero Deductible
- Loss of keys, tools, detachable radio front panel.
- Accidents or damages caused to the car due to careless driving, traffic infractions, driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, along areas inaccessible to cars (rivers, beaches, swamps, or similar places); the car being driven by someone who is not authorized under the Rental
- Contract terms; it does not cover assistance or travel expenses in case of damaged tires, lost keys, discharged batteries for leaving the lights on, car change in case of accident, towing or rescue expenses.
- THE FT of the vehicle is not cover on the ZERO DEDUCTIBLE.
- ZERO DEDUCTIBLE does not cover 20% of damages caused to other people's property in case the customer has an at-fault accident.
Credit Card Insurance:
Auto Rental CDW Programs offered by major card issuers are accepted in VIP Rent a Car & Tours GTE S.A. The amount of insurance coverage has to be mentioned